cowboy raney

Sunday, June 03, 2007

A-KON 2 Electric Boogaloo

One of my favorite posts ever for this blog is hands down day one and two of last year's A-KON. Ladies and gentlemen, her are some selected shots from this year's A-KON
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
here is John and I with Pikachu. Kind of reminds me of that scene in a Christmas Story when Alfie comes down the stairs in the awesome rabbit suit. I want a Christmas Story sequel that takes place in Alphie's akward teenage years when the rabbit suit becomes his fursona, kinda like the Venom symbiot suit, but more retarded.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is John with Mario. Mario found himself a DS, but he needs to find a Super Mushroom so he can be be of normal height.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's the crew with whatever the hell that thing is. After the picture was taken, I felt really bad for the dude, he took off his head and inside was a pale scrawny dude with glasses fogged from sweat and a look that told me he might vomit at any second. I thought about how much care these people put into their costumes. THESE PEOPLE LIVE FOR PHOTO OPS . I really admire it, and I'm kicking myself for having thrown away my Pokemon suit from Halloween.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And finally, here is me with an authentic Texan. I'm not sure what he was doing at A-Kon, but he had a registration badge so he had to belong. His wife let me know how dumb I was for not knowing who this guy is and something about his book about Texas Rangers coming out next week.
I have decided no matter how nerdy the whole thing was, there is a good portion of myslef that belonged at an event like this. It felt good to be surrounded by most of these guys. Next A-Kon, I'm staying the whole weekend-no excuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home