cowboy raney

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Moby Dick/ Beardwatch

Hey kids, I know I haven’t entered much as of late, but now I actually have something to blog about! I have officially become hardcore about working on Tough Luck Comics again. Look! Look! I made a schedule for myself and everything!

I finally bought the domain name http://www.toughluckcomics.com and I can’t wait to upload the site! I know the name toughluckcomics is a real pain to type in, but I couldn’t get a hold of TLC.com. Apparently that domain is a hot commodity. Regardless! The site should be up in a matter of days in all its glory, complete with a 6 page preview of issue 1 and some “B-side” stories from “My Bounty Hunter Girlfriend”. Right now the site has advertisements from http://www.godaddy.com

There’s also two other comics I’m working on. “Moby Dick” is a little side-project-turned-web-comic that I’m working on. Nothing fancy, just a graphic novel interpretation of the totally rad book by Herman Melville. Here is an ink test for the general style and mood I’m going for:Expect Moby Dick to be finished sometime in the year 2038.

Also, I’m working on a little comic book about Max. I really want to print this off in zine form like MBHG, but only time and $$$ will tell if I do or not. And since I only have very vague sketches about how this book should look, most of them being very drunken drawings, here is a picture of the awesomeness that is Max:

*BEARDWATCH 06-DAY ONE*
I shaved yesterday after 5 days of having an almost awesome beard. I had to shave after it started to feel like my face was growing a pair of wool socks…sadly, it was either me or the beard. But with every death is a rebirth! It’s kind of like the circle of life or something. So since I’m kind of mourning the loss of my puberty beard, I should celebrate the very slow, awkward birth of my next puberty beard!
Photo documentation-Day One!!!!

Well that’s all for now! Adios, kiddos!
-Cowboy Raney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home