cowboy raney

Thursday, November 17, 2005

drawing comics and stuff.

Hey. Welcome to my official blog for Tough Luck Comics, formerly known as Jet Pack Bird Comics. Since this comic is going to be the only thing that I’m going to be doing for a while, I thought it best to document the process of getting my comic book on the shelf. Hopefully, I will have a website up and running within a few weeks. Today, I formatted all the pages to fit onto 8.5x11 pages so they can be folded into zine form. This ain’t the format I wanted, but there’s a few things between me and the coveted 6 5/8 x 10 1/4" size:
1- comixpress has been down since, um, forever. Bummer.
2- da monies
3- big scale printing companies don’t like to do runs of 50. oh, and with print guys, if you have files prepared as anything besides a mac, be prepared for a lecture on why you’re dumb.

Anyway, while I was doing the sizing stuff, I happened to start working on a logo for Tough Luck. While it’s still a little weak in black and white, I messed around with coloring it.


This ain’t a finished portfolio piece by any means. it still seems a little shopped', and all my textures are small, googled images, but hey, I’m pleased with the overall composition and coloring. Oh, except for the spacing in the word “comics.” The c and o stick out too far.
But yeah, I reckon that’s just about it. I’m hittin’ the art, and so is the g to the f. here is a portrait she did of me. <3

http://www.comixpress.com/
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&rls=RNWE%2CRNWE%3A2005-35%2CRNWE%3Aen&q=wood&btnG=Search
http://www.jetpackpets.com stole my name...jerks
-oh, and please, please, please check out http://www.mk12.com/! I DEMAND YOU WATCH THE TRAILER FOR “THE HISTORY OF AMERICA!” I’M TYPING IN ALL CAPS CUZ THAT MEANS IM SERIOUS!

Adios, little cowboys! -Cowboy Raney


1 Comments:

Blogger raneycoffee said...

oh man, i absolutely love this drawing. like seriouosly, it makes me happy. please don't make me take it down.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home