cowboy raney

Saturday, June 10, 2006

A-KON EXTRAVEGANZA!

I was lukewarm about A-kon. I didn’t quite understand what it was all about and why the twins always freaked out about it. I promised I was going to ask off for the few days to go with my friends, but like a lot of things lately, that fell through. So after getting off work, Friday, I tried to get a hold of the boys to meet up with them at A-kon. Getting no answer from anyone in their posse, I gave up trying to reach them and decided to be bold and strike off for A-kon by myself.

Going to A-kon by your self blows goat. So does not having a cell phone to call your friends to let them know that you’ve arrived. And if they don’t have a cell phone either, like my friends, well that’s double suck.

So anyway, despite the fact that I couldn’t get a hold of my friends, I struck off undeterred in my attempt to make it to A-kon, find my friends, do some drinking, and watch some anime. Little did I know that finding someone at this event without knowing so much as a hotel room number is like trying to find a needle in a geek stack. However, during my journey through the busy hotel room hallways, I made a few friends.

These dudes were actually pretty cool. Too bad the picture didn’t turn out well…

I think these dudes are supposed to be that guy from some video game. Lookin’ tough, bros! But I dunno, those sords are a little phall…they’re kinda like…well they’re sorta gay, guys…

Here are two chun lees, complete with whatever that other girl is.

I also happened to accidentally stand in line for not only the yaoi festival, but also Rocky Horror picture show. While this was happening, I’m almost certain that John and Mike were in their hotel room drinking. Tripple whammy.

I have a feeling that going to A-kon for the first time in my twenties had an adverse outcome on my life. Had I have gone in my early teens I would have most definitely become someone else. Walking down the halls past cosplayers, teenage girls, and goth whatevers, I felt like there would have been a place here for a 15 year old me. But knowing the 15 year old me, I would have gotten lost, had my wallet stolen, gotten my heart broken by some slutty high school catgirl, only to get a ride home from my mom. But I definitely see what all there is to freak out about, and maybe only hell or high water could stop me next year from going to A-kon.

So not a totally awesome experience, but cheer up little emo Raney, there’s still the Beck show, and there is bound to be some cool happenings there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home